I (a) Names: Kolawole Akinjide ARAMIDE
(b) Date of Birth: 7 April, 1970
(c) Department: Centre for Educational Media Resource Studies
(d) Faculty: Education
(e) College: Not applicable
(f) Present Post (with date): Research Fellow I, October, 2014 till date
II. University Education (with dates)
(i) University of Ibadan, Ibadan 1995 – 2000
(ii) University of Ibadan, Ibadan 2002 – 2004
(iii) University of Cape Town, South Africa 2011
(iv) University of Ibadan, Ibadan 2007 - 2014
III. Academic qualification with dates and granting bodies
(i) Bachelor of Library and Information Studies University of Ibadan, 2000
(ii) Master of Information Science University of Ibadan, 2004
(iii) PhD in School Media University of Ibadan, 2014
IV. Professional qualifications and Diplomas (with dates):
(i) PDGE (ICTs in Education) 2011
V. Scholarship, Fellowship and Prizes (with dates) in respect of undergraduate and postgraduate work only:
Mellon Foundation Scholarship for Postgraduate Programme in Information Communication Technologies in Education, University of Cape Town, South Africa, 2011
VI. Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Society:
(i) Member, Nigerian Library Association (NLA), 2007 till date
(ii) Member, Nigerian School Library Association, 2007 till date
(iii) Member, e/Merger Africa, 2012 till date
VII. Detail of Teaching Experience at University Level
(i) Librarian II – June, 2006 – January, 2008
(ii) Junior Research Fellow – February, 2008 – September, 2011
(iii) Research Fellow II – October, 2011 – September, 2014
(iv) Research Fellow I – October, 2014 till date
(a) Courses Taught at the University Level:
1 Postgraduate courses:
i. AMR 721: Information Centre Cooperation and Networking
ii.AMR 722: Digitising School Library Collection for Access
iii. AMR 705: Information Hardware Resource Management
iv. AMR 720: Information Architecture
2. Degree Courses
i. LSE 227: Information Technology
ii. LSE 306: Introduction to Information
(b) Project Supervision
i. Bachelor of Library and Information Studies Degree – 8 Students
ii. Master in School Media – 3 Students
iii. Master in Media Resource Management – 2 Students
VII. (a) Research in Progress
Listed below are the research efforts conceptualized, designed and being carried out
1. An Evaluation of Digitisation Projects in School Library Media Centres in Nigeria
The study aims at evaluating the digitization projects on school library media centres in Lagos State. An investigation into factors that supports and constraints the digitization projects in the school library media centres will also be done.
2. Investigating the Implementation of Integrated Library Management System in School Library Media Centres in Nigeria.
This study aims at investigating the extent of awareness of integrated library management system among school library media specialists and the degree of implementing integrated library management system software in school libraries in Nigeria.
(b) Dissertation and Thesis:
1. Aramide, K.A. (2014). Predictors of Information and Communication Technology Usage Among Science Teachers in Federal Unity Schools in Nigeria. Unpublished PhD Thesis, University of Ibadan, 153p
2. Aramide, K.A. (2004). The Use of Information and Communication Technology by Academic Staff in Nigerian Universities. Unpublished Master in Information Science Project, University of Ibadan, 87
(a) Books already published
(b) Chapters in Books already published
1. *Aramide, K.A., Olaojo, P.O. and Bolarinwa, O.M. (2009). The Role of Library and Information Centres in the Acxhievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in Nigeria. In Oyesiku, F et al. (eds). Current Trends in Library and Information Science. Essays in Honour of Late O.K. OdusanyaA Book of Reading in Honour of Late O.K. Odusanya. Ago Iwoye: Olabisi Onabanjo University, 299 – 308.
(c) Articles that have already appeared in Refereed Conference Proceedings
2. Sote, A. and Aramide, K.A. (2010). Influence of Self-efficacy, Perceived Ease of Use and Perceived Usefulness on E-library Usage by Academic Staff in Nigerian Universities. Proceedings of the Second Professional Summit on Information Science and Technology, held at University of Nigerian, Nsukka, 3-7 May, Vol 2, 133 – 142.
3. Aramide, K.A., Ladipo, S.O. and Adepoju, T.O. (2015). Do social media utilisation and addiction influence undergraduate students’ self-perception? A Case study of University of Ibadan, Nigeria. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference On National Capacity Building Strategy For Sustainable Development And Poverty Alleviation held at American University in the Emirates, Dubai International Academic City, Dubai. UAE, 26-28 May, 65-71
(d) Patents Nil
(e) Articles that have already appeared in Learned Journals
3. Aramide, K.A. and Ayankola, I.A. (2008). ICT Application and Utilisation for Distance and Open Learning Education at the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). Nigerian School Library Journal, Vol 7, 67-86.
4. Aramide, K.A., Ayankola, 1.O., and Bello, T. (2008). Role of Librarians and Information Professional in the Prevention and Management of HIV/AIDS. Journal of Social and Policy Issues, Vol 4, 108-114.
5. Aramide, K.A. and Taofik, B. (2009). Accessing Electronic Databases for Curiculum Delivery in Schools: Implication for School Library Media Specialists. Nigerian School Library Journal, Vol 8, 29-46.
6. Aramide, K.A. and Bolarinwa, O.M. (2010). Availability and Utilisation of Audiovisual and Electronic Resources by Distance Learning Students in Nigerian Universities: A case study of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Ibadan Study Centre, Library Philosophy and Practice, June, USA.
7. Aramide, K.A. and Ajise, B. (2010). Perception of Teachers and Pupils on the Influence of Textbooks’ Provision on Educational Development in South-Western, Nigeria. Studies in Educational Planning and Administration, Vol. 4 No. 1, 105-112.
8. Aramide, K.A., Gbotosho, A.S., and Sote, A. (2011). Influence of Demographic and Environmental Variables on Internet Use by Students of University of Ilorin, Nigeria. International Journal of Library Science, Vol 4 No. A11, 121-141, Roorkee.
9. *Sote, A., Aramide, K.A. and Gbotoso, S.A. (2011). An Evaluation of State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) Libraries in Selected States in South West, Nigeria. Library Philosophy and Practice. February.
10. *Aramide, K.A. (2011). Web Resources for Teaching and Learning in Schools. Nigerian School Library Journal, Vol 10, 72-76.
11. *Ayoola, J.A and Aramide, K.A. (2012). Environmental and Institutional Factors’ Influence on Internet use by the Undergraduate Students in selected Federal Universities in South-West, Nigeria. Journal of Library, Educational Media and information studies, Vol 4, 33-40.
12. *Aderibigbe, N.A. and Aramide, K.A. (2012). Institutional Factors and Perceived Usefulness as Predictors of Internet Use by Postgraduate Students at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. PNLA Quarterly, the official publication of the Pacific Northwest Library Association Volume 76, No. 4.
13. *Aramide, K.A and Elaturoti, D.F. (2013). Assessment of Resources Inputs and Service Delivery in School Library Media Centers in Nigeria: Implications for Basic and Post-Basic Education. Nigerian School Library Journal, Vol 12, 1-18.
14. *Aramide, K.A. Adesina, K. and Osunrinade, O.A. (2014). Investigating the Pattern of ICT Utilisation for Science Teaching in Federal Unity Schools in Nigeria Using Kumar’s, Subramaniam and Mukherjee Model Approach. International Research: Journal of Library & Information Science, Vol.4 (2), 305-315.
15. *Saka, K.A. and Aramide, K.A. (2014). Staff Development and Training Needs for Optimum Performance in School Libraries: A Survey. International Library Movement, Vol 36 (1), 49-59.
16. Aramide, K.A. (2015).Effect of parental background factors on reading habits of secondary school students in Ogun State, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Information Science and Technology, 8 (1), 70-80
17. Aramide, K.A. and Fadekemi, O.O. (2015). Accessing ICT for Science Teaching in Nigerian Schools: Whither the Role of School Library Media Centre?British Journal of Education, Society & Behavioural Science, 6(4): 295-312
18. Aramide, K.A., Ladipo, S.O. and Adepoju, T.O. (2015).Do social media utilisation and addiction influence undergraduate students’ self-perception? A Case study of University of Ibadan, Nigeria. Journal of Emerging Trends in Educational Research and Policy Studies, 6(7): 271-277
19. Aramide, K.A. andLadipo, S.O.(2016). Training for School Librarianship Development in Nigeria: How Have Nigerian School Library Association Conference Programmes Fared? School Libraries Worldwide, 22 (1), 20-31
20. Akinade, H.O.J. and Aramide, K.A. (2016).Effect of Single Parenthood Factors on Academic Performance of Undergraduate Medical Students of College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. International Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Review, 6 (1), 57-67
21. Adekanye, E.A., Aramide, K.A. andAdewuyi O.O. (2015).Information Seeking Pattern of Nigerian Textile Market Women and Strategies for Improvement. Samaru Journal of Information Studies, 15 (1&2), 13-23.
22. Bamigboye, O.B., Alegbeleye, M.O. and Aramide, K.A. (2016). Availability of Electronic Media Resources and Its Contributions to the Teaching of English Language in Federal Unity Schools in Southwestern, Nigeria. Benue Journal of Library, Management and Information Science, 6 (2), 153-162
23. Oyewusi, F.O., Sokoya, A.A. and Aramide, K.A. (2016). Computer self-efficacy and computer attitude as correlates of internet use of secondary school students’ in Nigeria. Information Impact: Journal of Information and Knowledge Management, 7 (2), 114-123.
(f) Books, Chapters in Books and Articles already accepted for publication.
(g) Technical Report and Monographs
XI. Major Conferences/Workshop Attended with Paper Read (in the last 5 years)
1. 5th International Conference on Educational Planning and Administration. University of Cape Coast, Ghana. (26-30 September, 2016)
Paper Read: Library Use by Undergraduates: What Impact Do Motivation, Library Materials and Location Have?
2. 2nd International Conference On National Capacity Building Strategy For Sustainable Development And Poverty Alleviation, American University in the Emirates, Dubai International Academic City, Dubai. UAE. (26-28 May, 2015)
Paper Read: Do social media utilisation and addiction influence undergraduate students’ self-perception? A Case study of University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
3. CBN Training Workshop on Establishing E-libraries for Central Bank Librarians, CBN Learning Centre, Ibadan, (21 - 25, January, 2013)
Paper Read: Implementing Integrated Library Management System in CBN Libraries.
4. Workshop on Establishing Institutional Repositories for Librarians in Obafemi Awolowo University held at E-Library Centre, OAU Library, Ife, Nigeria (22-23 February, 2013)
Paper Read: Institutional Repository (IR) for Institutional Visibility and Global Access.
5. 28th Annual Conference of the Nigerian School Library Association, Yaba College of Technology, Lagos (28 October-01 November, 2013)
Paper Read: Open Source Software for Implementing Integrated Library Management System in School Library Media Centre in Nigeria.