Francisca I. Ayodele,
B.A. (Hons.) (Ibadan); M.P.A. (Ilorin); ANUPA, A.U.A.
Principal Assistant Registrar/Examinations Officer
The Examinations Office is saddled with the following responsibilities:
· Processing of Final and Non-Final Year Results for the consideration and approval of Senate.
· Issuance of Statements of Results to graduands of the University, Affiliated Institutions, and Distance Learning Centre (DLC).
· Issuance of Certificates to graduands of the University, Affiliated Institutions, and Distance Learning Centre (DLC).
· Provision of Academic Gowns for the Matriculation and Graduation Ceremonies.
· Processing of Students’ List for NYSC mobilization.
· Monitoring and supervision of the University Central Store.
· Issuance of examination materials to Faculties for the conduct of University examinations.
· Confirmation and Verification of Results/Certificates for organizations and institutions locally and internationally.
· Processing of Letters of Appointments, Claim Forms and booking of accommodation for External Examiners.
· Processing and issuance of queries to students involved in Examination misconducts.
· Servicing of the Senate Curriculum Committee.
· Servicing of the Board of ITems.
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOP) FOR COLLECTION OF STATEMENT OF RESULTS (REGULAR STUDENTS)
i. Application Letter should be addressed to the Examinations Officer (Undergraduates), University of Ibadan.
ii. Applicant should attach copies of the following documents to the Application Letter:
(a) Admission Clearance
(b) Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age
(c) School ID Card.
SOP FOR COLLECTION OF STATEMENT OF RESULTS (DISTANCE LEARNING STUDENTS)
i. Application Letter should be addressed to the Examinations Officer (Undergraduate), University of Ibadan.
ii. Applicant should attach the following documents:
(a) Photocopy of Clearance from Distance Learning Centre (DLC).
(b) Original Final Course Forms.
(c) A passport photograph.
SOP FOR CERTIFICATION OF CERTIFICATES (CERTIFIED TRUE COPY)
The applicant shall provide:
i. 10 Clear Photocopies of the Certificate.
ii. Receipt for Payment of One Thousand Naira (
The certificate must bear – the Vice Chancellor’s signature, the Registrar’s signature and the effective Date of Award. The original copy of the certificate should be presented for sighting.
SOP FOR CORRECTION OF ERROR ON CERTIFICATE
i. Collect a complaint form from the Certificate Room (Undergraduate)
ii. Write a complaint letter indicating the nature of error, addressed to the Examinations |Officer, University of Ibadan.
iii. Attach the original certificate with error.
Note: for the new certificate (Electronic), attach a photocopy of Birth certificate to the above.
SOP FOR COMPLAINT ON E-CERTIFICATE NOT PRINTED/OMITTED
i. Write a letter addressed to the Examinations Officer (Undergraduate), University of Ibadan indicating your educational details and contact address with phone numbers
ii. Scan a Passport photograph into a CD in JPEG Format saved with your matriculation number
iii. Attach a copy of the following documents:
(a) Statement of Result and Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age submitted during admission into the University.
SOP FOR COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATE ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER PERSON
Authorization Letter written and signed by the owner of the certificate should be addressed to Deputy Registrar (Academic), University of Ibadan with the following attachments:
i. Photocopy of Statement of Result of the owner of the certificate;
ii. Photocopy of International Passport/National ID card/Driver’s License/Place of Work ID card of the owner of certificate;
iii. Photocopy of Valid form of ID card of the person authorized to collect the certificate.
SOP FOR CERTIFICATION OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICENCY LETTER
i. Apply in writing to the Deputy Registrar (Academic), University of Ibadan attaching a copy of the Statement of Result or Certificate
ii. Indicate Gender and the address of receiver or destination in the application letter;
iii. Attach a receipt for payment of processing fee of
N1,000.00 per letter.
SOP FOR RE-ISSUANCE OF LOST CERTIFICATE
Apply in writing through the Head of the Department of the applicant to the Deputy Registrar (Academic), University of Ibadan for Re-issuance of Lost Certificate, attaching the following documents:
i. Original copies of Sworn Affidavit and a Police Report on the loss;
ii. A Photostat copy of any means of identification i.e. bio-data page of international passport, driver’s license, valid work ID card.
iii. Copy of the Lost Certificate or Statement of Result if available
iv. A passport photography of the Applicant
v. An Attestation Letter from the applicant’s employer or self Introduction Letter for self employed applicant
vi. Payment of re-issuance fee of Twenty-Five thousand Naira (
SOP FOR VERIFICATION OF RESULTS/CERTIFICATES
Request Letters should be addressed to the Registrar, University of Ibadan or the Deputy Registrar (Academic), University of Ibadan. Request via e-mail should be sent to [email protected] or [email protected]; with the following attachments
i. Copies of results or certificates to be verified;
ii. Receipt of Payment of
N1,000.00 processing fee for individual applicants and N5,000.00 for corporate organizations per certificate/result for verification.
The new process for remitting funds in line with the new development on the Treasury Single Account Policy of the Federal Government is as follows:
· Visit www.remita.net
· Click on “pay a Federal Government Agency”
· Fill in details required i.e. Name of MDA (University of Ibadan), Name of Service/Purpose:
Verification of Result/Certificate, Full Name, Payer’s Phone Number, etc.
· Print out invoice containing your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR)
· Pay at any commercial bank of choice
Kindly forward copies of invoice containing the RRR and the bank teller to the Cash Office of our Institution in order to confirm your payment upon which University receipt shall be issued