The University Security Committee met today to review the current security situation on the Campus of the University of Ibadan. Some decisions were taken after reviewing the security situation thus far.
- There will be armed policemen from the Oyo State Police Command to compliment the Campus Security Service in patrolling the entire Campus with immediate effect.
- All business outfits, including restaurants, should close not later than 9 pm every evening.
- The Campus Security Service will embark on random checks of staff quarters to identify unauthorized occupants of university residences.
- The Physical Planning and Project Management Unit will embark on demolition of illegal structures in residential areas.
- The above measures have been taken in order to ensure the safety and security of life and property in the community.
Kindly cooperate with the Management in the overall interest of every one.
University of Ibadan
Monday, 19th August 2019
For other recent campus security-related news, please see links below