CENTRE FOR CONTROL AND PREVENTION OF ZOONOSES
COVID-19 Webinar session
Date: Thursday, 02 July 2020 Time: 02.00 p.m. (WAT)
Title: COVID-19 Pandemic: The Science, Art and Policy
Description: With its widespread impact on the world economy,the novel Coronavirus Disease of 2019 (COVID-19) is a defining public health problem of the 21st century. In this 90-minute webinar, we will discuss the science of the COVID-19 pandemic, public perception of the disease, and policy measures against it within the One Health context.
1) Identify factors affecting occurrence, global spread, and control of COVID-19.
2) Evaluate the impact of public perception of the outbreak on the national and global response to COVID-19.
3) Assess current policy measures against COVID-19 and suggest pragmatic solutions for its rapid containment and eradication.
4) Discuss how the One Health approach and indigenous knowledge can contribute to the prevention of future infectious disease outbreaks.
Human and animal infectious disease specialists; human and animal diagnostic laboratory personnel; national, state, and local public and animal health professionals; policymakers at national and state levels.
· Prof. Oyewale Tomori (Former President, Nigeria Academy of Science)
· Prof. Wole Odemuyiwa (College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, USA)
· Prof. Michael Ison (Division of Infectious Diseases, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, USA)
· Prof. Francis Egbokhare (President, Nigeria Academy of Letters)