Deputy Registrar (Students)
Name: Stella O. Soola, JP, MNIM
Academic Qualification: B.Ed, M.A. (Ibadan)
Status: Deputy Registrar
Office: Rm 3 Student Affairs Division
Contact : +234-8033265667
E-mail: [email protected]
Mrs. Stella Soola is a graduate of the University of Ibadan. She holds a B.Ed in Adult Education and M.A in Communication and Language Arts.
She is a seasoned Administrator who rose through the rank of Administrative Officer to her current status as Deputy Registrar. She served as Administrative Officer in the Junior Staff Section of the Establishments Division of the University and later as Assistant Registrar in charge of Academic staff matters, also of the Establishments Division.
Mrs Soola served as Public Affairs Officer in charge of Committees at the Postgraduate School before her posting to the Faculty of Education as Faculty Officer. She also served as Faculty Officer in the Faculty of the Social Sciences, and later, as the Examination Officer, before her current appointment as Deputy Registrar (Students)
Mrs. Soola is a member of the following National and International Professional Bodies:
· Association of University Administrator (AUA) United Kingdom
(Membership No. 00072151)
· African Council for Communication Education, (ACCE) (Nigeria Chapter)
· Higher Education Faculty Officers Forum (HEFAF), South Africa
· Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) (Membership No. 67309)(NIM)
· Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA)
(Membership No. 0105)
· Institute of Development Administration of Nigeria (IDAN)
· Society of Educational Administrators (SEA) (Membership No. A/01006)
· Associate Fellow, Institute of Industrial Administration (IIA)
Mrs. Soola was also appointed a Justice of the Peace (JP) on 24 January, 1989 by the Honourable Commissioner for Justice and Attorney General for Ogun State. She is well known for her receptive candour on matters relating to students. ‘Mummy’ as she is fondly called, relates with them passionately regardless of gender, race, creed or socio-economic status.