Planning Unit Home: About the Director Planning staff Statistical Reports
University home > Academic Planning Unit
About the Academic Planning Unit
The Academic Planning Unit of the University of Ibadan is located within the Central Administration Block (Former NISER building). The office provides a range of management information and planning support to facilitate informed decision – making, planning and policy formulation, and the overall strategic development of the University.
The office is the initial point of contact on matters relating to statistical collections. The office also supplies statistical information to government agencies and a range of parties throughout the wider community.
The role of the Academic Planning Unit is to provide timely and accurate information to the University for planning and managerial decision-making, administer key University investigative research into areas of needs, coordinate compliance reporting activities and guide the management in decision- making.
In carrying out its responsibilities, the Academic Planning Unit:
- Produces a range of institutional statistics and undertakes data manipulation, analysis and interpretation to convert raw data into useful management information.
- Compiles and analyse statistical data for use in general planning, strategic and analysis planning, budgeting, sundry management requirement and repository
- Prepares academic brief for internal and external purposes
- Monitors resources allocation and utilization in line with the plans of the university
- Develops resources allocation parameter
- Determines manpower needs, control and staff development
- Prepares annual plans of the university for submission to government.
- Provision of data-based information on various aspect of the university operations
- Undertakes planning – related investigations and studies.
· Prepares University budget estimates
· Coordinates defrosting of positions and recruitment exercise
· Coordinates teaching and research equipment grants
· Determines allocation parameter of Direct Teaching Laboratory Cost (DTLC) to academic departments and units
· Computes excess workload for academics and technologists in the University.
· Coordinates accreditation programmes of the University.
· Provides close monitoring of the University programmes so as to maintain the quality of our programmes and effective service delivery.
Adedokun Olufemi Ojelabi MNIM
Director of Academic Planning welcomes you to the Unit
Mr. Ojelabi was appointed the Director of Academic Planning Unit, University of Ibadan on September 1, 2010. Before his appointment, he was an Assistant Director of Planning and Head, Quality Assurance Unit. As the Director/Head of this Unit, he had acted twice as the Acting Director of this unit, 8 September, 2005 to September 2006 and 20 August, 2008 to 31 August, 2010.
Mr. Ojelabi was born on 25 July, 1960 and hails from Ibadan, Oyo State. Owing to his diligence in the discharge of his duty, he served in many committees among which are UI Strategic Committee, UI Vision 21st century implementation committee, Secretariat Coordinator of Academic Staff Excess Workload Committee and a host of other committees. He was an Assistant Hall Warden, Sultan Bello Hall, Assistant Director, Academic Planning.
Successively for his painstaking and meticulous service to the University, he received written commendation/appreciation letters from three former Vice-Chancellors, Professors O. Bamiro, A.B.O.O. Oyediran and Adewoye.
He has attended many conferences, workshops and seminars home and abroad and has sometimes presented excellent papers on planning methodology and quality assurance in tertiary/higher institutions.
He is reputable for hard work, excellent service and meticulous in dealing with official matters. He is an international figure with respect to Academic Planning, Budgeting and Modelling. He has been an outstanding State Coordinator of Youth section in Deeper Life Bible Church, Oyo State. His hobbies are spreading the gospel, engaging in training Godly youth of this generation and listening to religious music.
He is happily married with Children.
Academic Planning Unit Staff
Adedokun Oluwafemi Ojelabi
Chief Planning Officer
Joshua Ayofe Arinola
Senior Planning Officer
Olutayo T. Omole
Planning Officer II
Shakirat Oluwatoyin Baderin [Personal Secretary]
Kehinde Osunlana [Executive Officer]
Wahab Moradeyo Salami [Transport Officer]
Samuel Tom Akpabio [Supervisor (Messengerial]
Telephone: 234 - 07030293914
This section is divided into five main parts:
- List of Faculties and Departments
- List of Programmes
- University Statistics
- Pocket Statistics
- Profiles of Halls of Residence
- Latest version of Digest of Statistics